LONG DISTANCE MOVING
HOW DO WE WORK?
The cost of a long distance move depends on the distance you are moving and the size of your shipment. Here’s how it works: we will ask you to submit a detailed inventory list of your shipment in the account page that we will create for you. Our movers will arrive with the inventory list you provided, which you can update up to 24 hours prior to your scheduled pick up date. The movers will take everything that is on the inventory list. They will wrap all furniture by using blankets to protect it. This is free of charge. Also the tape to secure the blankets is free and unlimited. They will mark every item with a unique numbered sticker and will make an inventory list matching the item numbers to the list on items. Then they will load everything to our moving truck. The movers will provide you with copies of the contract, and the inventory lists. The movers will unload your shipment in to our warehouse, and then our trailer will arrive to load your shipment to your new home. Or if you are not ready to receive delivery your shipment will wait until you are ready. We will give you one month storage for free. We can help you estimate the size of your belongings and give you rates for budgeting purposes. Just submit a moving request, or give us a call at (917) 310-1199. Elide NYC Moving, LLC is able to provide low rates, because we do something called consolidated shipping. Instead of sending a giant moving truck across the state with only your belongings on board, we consolidate your shipment with other clients’ shipments. This method allows you to receive a greatly reduced rate.
Here are a few factors that may affect your moving budget:
- How far are you moving?
- How much stuff are you moving?
- Did you submit a accurate list of items?
- Will you pack yourself, or would you like us to pack for you?
- Will you have accessorial charges? This is moving lingo for charges due to obstacles that keep the door of the truck away from the door of your new home. This includes things like flights of stairs, elevators, long carries and the need to use a small shuttle vehicle. All moving companies are going to charge you for this, whether they tell you or not. We like to tell you up front.
- Do you need storage?
- Will you choose any additional valuation? This is insurance lingo. You might already be covered under your homeowner’s insurance. If not, we recommend that you buy insurance for your move. Elide NYC Moving, LLC does not sell insurance. Movinginsurance.com or Baker International are good resources.